Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Adventures - It's A New Year!


Heron painting by
Tom Geoghan
Copyright
Is it really 2011?  Where did the time go? I know since leaving my job at the radio station I have been getting to do a lot of the things that I could only day dream about before.  As I sat in the basement office with a small window that gave me a hint of the sun, rain, or snow that was the weather of the day, I dreamed of colors to dye, rugs to hook, fiber to spin and definitely lots of things to knit.

Now several months later I am pleased that I have completed some of the things that I was dreaming of for so long.  The gallery on the Liberty Fibers website represents some of the work that has been completed so far.

The most recently completed project is a hooked rug.  The rug is from a painting by Tom Geoghan.  Several years ago I began purchasing prints of Tom's work at a local gallery.  When I was hosting Artists in the Blueline, a weekly radio show featuring artists in the Adirondack region, I interviewed Tom. 

Interviewing Tom was a highpoint. I had always wanted to know the stories behind his work. He paints Adirondack scenes, wildlife, and the people and places of his travels. Since our first meeting Tom and I have been collaborating on a few projects. Currently I am adapting some of his paintings on rug hooking canvases. It has been rewarding to see the painting come to life on the rug hooking canvas.

Tom and I also work jointly on "Art Aid Project."  This project directly benefits the American Red Cross Chapter in upstate New York through the proceeds of the sale of Tom's prints.  If you now of an organization that would like to host a display of Tom's work, please contact me at HERE

Please check back to see more of Tom's paintings represented in rug hooking.  It's 2011 - I am making a list to make sure I get those colors, rugs, and more out of my mind!

Jude

Visit Liberty Fibers' Online Store

No comments: