Thursday, December 23, 2010

Peter's Life in Retirement

A Cat's Life

Peter is still involved in the business

If you visited Liberty Fibers when the shop was located in the small northern town of Madrid, New York you probably met Peter.  Peter my very large black and white cat has a lot of personality and was always ready to greet shop customers. 

I have never had a cat like Peter before and I am embarrassed to admit that when my daughter picked him out at the local human society I really wanted the calico kitten in the next cage.  Peter was all legs and he was a male.  We already had a female and I wanted another one to be compatible.  I caved and home came Peter.

From his first few days with us, Peter won all of our hearts.  There was something about him.  He quickly became a part of the family and entertained us. We lost him one day in the house.  We couldn't find him anywhere and by the time my husband came home I was distraught.  We searched again to find him hidden in a remote place in a attic closet.  Relief.


Peter and Hannah
 Peter had an appetite that wouldn't stop either.  He grew so quickly - we could see the daily growth spurts.

Peter still loves to eat but now we try to limit him.  Sometimes this is difficult as the dog sneaks Peters food.  Who ate the food? Peter or the dog - so he gets just a little more!


catfood thief
  Here is Joey the catfood thief. We are trying to control her food too.  I see a theme here as I am trying to control my own diet.

I still meet up with knitters who got to know Peter and ask about him.  He is well and living the good life in the ADKS.  He gets along with everyone and even tollerates the new boy in the house Bob.  I give him credit - Bob is a handful.

Best and Happy Holidays

Jude
Liberty Fibers





Visit Liberty Fibers' Online Store

No comments: