Friday, December 3, 2010

Was Your Black Friday Stress Free?


Handspun Yarn for a Shrug


I am knitting away! Knitting, knitting and more knitting to make some holiday gifts.  Lets see - so far six small toddler hats, an adult hat, and now a shrug is on the needles for my daugher Hannah. 


Coffe Mug from Brandon VT Artist Guild

Did you shop on black friday? My husband and I headed out for a casual shopping exerience.  That entailed heading over to Vermont to the Brandon Artist's Guild to purchase a coffee mug to replace a broken mug. Then we headed over to Bristol to a shop that makes beeswax candles from vintage molds. They had a nice selection of Christmas candles.  (Honeylite Candles) 

Then - drum roll - Best Buy in the Burlington area.  By then it was close to 4pm and the doorbuster deals were over. It was competitive to find a parking spot but once inside it was pretty calm and there were lots of staff on hand to answer questions. 

We had decided that our Christmas present would be a new tv.  No more big bulky tv, now we have a sleek flat screen tv.  The store also says it will use 30% less energy than older tvs.  I hope this is so and I see a lower electric bill.
New TV!


We completed our shopping experience a visit to my favorite Vietnamese restaurant in Essex Junction next to the Essex Junction Fair Grounds.  So my black Friday was productive but not stressful.  I hope you had a positive black Friday too, whether you headed out very early to get those great deals, shopped online, or stayed home!

If you are making gifts - keep knitting - you can do it!

Jude

Visit Liberty Fibers' Online Store.

No comments: