Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hooking Away

It is already March! Where did the time go?  I know I have spent a lot of time over the past two months rug hooking.  I have been working on some new designs and teaching at the Arts Center in Plattsburgh. 

I just finished this bird in a heart with a hit or miss background.  I  used some left over wool from the lastest Tom Geoghan rug that I completed.  Tom's palette is very bright which I like but don't ususally go to first when picking colors for a project. I like that I had this wool right at hand and went with it.  I didn't over think the colors or go to my comfort zone.
Bird in Heart
I have started a second bird in heart with some wool that I was using to demonstrate with in the rug hooking class.  I will add to blog shortly.  This is a small project just 8x11'' and hooks up quickly. 

It can be finished for a small wall hanging, a hot mat or table mat or made into a small pillow.  I am not sure how I will finish.  Maybe a wall hanging.  My sewing machine is in need of repair, so a pillow is out of the question at the moment.  It doesn't stop when I release the gas! Time for a trip to the repair shop.

If you would like to hook this project, just email at libertyfibers@aol.com and I can make up the canvas or a kit for you.  Happy Hooking!

Jude

Visit Liberty Fibers' Online Store

No comments: