Tuesday, November 2, 2010

New Sock Knitting Patterns for Liberty Fibers


It is amazing what can be accomplished when you work full-time for yourself.  In March I left my "day job."  My day job consisted of working in a basement with five men.  No, I am not joking! Radio baby - it might seem glamorous but in most cases, small town radio is a few people working really hard seven days a week. 

Previously, while working for a non-profit organization, I was told I had a "good voice."  I knew that I could fool people into thinking that I was an answering machine when they called. My non-profit job was short term and in my quest for employment and a career I began working in radio. 



I sold radio advertising - this involved selling the ads, writing the ads, voicing the ads, producing the ads and all from a basement with one small window to see a small portion of the sky.  Have you ever worked in a basement with five men?  If you are a guy its probably not a big deal.  The lack of a real window and a fan in the bathroom really bothered me. The lack of making minimum wage really bothered me too.  I sold a lot of advertising.  I do have a few good stories from the experience. 

Colorway DWAL
After leaving the radio station it was right to my studio.  I am there and working everyday for me and ultimately for you.  This summer I began offering a selection of 2010 colorways for Liberty Fibers.  I have designed two patterns that will be offered shortly.  These will be free patterns for you to use with your Liberty Fibers hand dyed yarns.

So working for myself - I am able to focus my attention and time to what I love - hand dyeing and fiber.  I have many windows to look out.  I can go for a walk.  I can design new sock patterns.  There is only one man to drive me crazy and that is Mr. O'Toole.  Life is good.   

Visit Liberty Fibers' Online Store

No comments: