Tuesday, October 5, 2010


Fiber Dreams Laura Patterson with Liberty Fibers



 

I am very pleased to share with you that Laura                   Patterson, of Fiber Dreams, has completed her most recent pattern with a Liberty Fibers fall colorway "Lemon Grass."  The yarn is a fingering weight merino superwash. 

"I loved working with it. The subtle coloration is beautiful, and the yarn itself was a dream to knit with -- it never split or misbehaved, no matter how many times I ripped it out and re-knit it. The green was just perfect for Anjou," Laura Patterson.



Fall 2010 Lemon Grass in Merino Superwash
Lemon Grass
Laura Patterson was taught as a child to knit by her Grandmother and has continued to knit throughout adulthood. 

A few years ago she began designing knitting patterns with the encouragment of her husband.  Laura was always making design changes to the patterns she knit so it was a natural progression to start designing her own patterns.  

When you visit the Fiber Dreams site you see the not only the skill of Laura's deisgns but the creativity.  I contacted Laura after reading one of her blog entries with a picture of a plant leaf that was inspiring her to create a knit design.  I found her inspiration inspiring to create a colorway show the lines of leaf. 

I spent spring and summer creating a fall collection.  It was a challenge to myself to create colorways that were more tonal.  When I began dyeing several years ago, I wanted to make stripes and pools of color in my colorway.  Now, I want to see texture and stitches.  Laura's new pattern "Anjou" does just that with Lemon Grass.  Click here to purchase "Anjou" from Fiber Dreams. (Judy)

To shop for Lemon Grass and other colorways in the Liberty Fibers Fall 2010 Collection Visit Liberty Fibers' Online Store.

No comments: