Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Summer at the Farmer's Market

Great weather this week!!! Yes, it feels like summer and everyone seems happy to see the sun.  Farmer's markets I think are wonderful because you see so many people both locals and visitors to the area.  It is nice to see so many families enjoying a vacation together with kids, grandparents, and aunts and uncles. 


This week I was asked to sell one of my samples, a hand spun and knit hat, that is one of my favorite colorways, Forest Walk.   This color way has a blue, burgundy, and green colorway with each of the colors blending into each other creating deep bronze, a sunlight green and some hot hot blue tones.  Can you tell that I like this colorway?  I dye this colorway on yarn and fiber.   For the hat that I had spun, I spun in a sequence to be a story of traveling through the forest moving upward with blues at the top for sky. 

It was purchased as a gift for another artist.  What a compliment! It is on its way to Poland. 

I invite knitters to join me at my tent each week to knit, spin, rug hook or another fiber craft of choice.  The market is 9-2pm.  There is lots of fresh pastry, coffee, veggie burgers for lunch and of course fresh produce.  Last week I bought some awesome beets.  I went early as they sold out quickly. 

Please join me soon at the Saranac Lake farmer's market! Enter up for the free yarn drawing. Next week 7/10 will be the first drawing for a skein of sock yarn. 

Judy

Visit Liberty Fibers' Online Store

No comments: